Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Keeping Up With the World

I want to apologize for skipping my blog for so long. Life has been crazy. You know, there's a local guy who has been hassling my boss via comments on new articles. He complains that our restaurant isn't open nearly long enough each day for people to actually enjoy.

Shoot, I wish he could spend just one week in my shoes--- this week in fact. Not only has it been crazy with late food trucks, missing orders, and shuffling staff, but add on private parties, four performances of a show, two with a three course dinner, and a night of karaoke, all topped off with regular daytime business. Early morning trips to 24-hour supermarkets, late nights cooking and cleaning, and routine health inspections are all in a days work. If I spend fewer than ten hours on the clock, I celebrate.

But, it is all worth it. When I think about what I do, the people I work with and the way I can contribute to change in my community, I find it in myself to get up in the morning and go right back to work.

I also hope to find it in myself to get right back to blogging here every day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment