Saturday, September 1, 2012

Another Closing Night

Tonight was the final dinner performance of our summer show at work. It's been a long run, 8 shows total, several hundred people through the restaurant, experiencing a different side to our city. I've been around since the inception of our evening business. For a location that is primarily a State and city business  center, it has been a struggle to bring people in at other times. Too often people would rather go to the other side of town, populated by chain restaurant, impersonal mega stores and traffic that would choke even the widest street.

I want to say how great it is to work with awesome people and have the opportunity to make delicious food. Despite the fact I love delicious food, love making it for others, there is a trade-off. I no longer enjoy cooking for myself, except on the odd occasion. In fact, by the end of a show, I no longer really even enjoy making the food for the customers. The only positive thing I experience is that dinner service runs so smoothly that it might as well be slicked with butter. But, I do not miss the 17-hour days, the early Saturday starts or the late nights.

I'm glad it's over....until the next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment