Saturday, July 28, 2012

Cookie Dough Love

Aside from the natural enjoyment of baked cookies, there is a great affinity, particularly among women, for cookie dough, in its sweet, unmodified, unbaked, original state. It doesn't matter what kind of dough, peanut butter, chocolate chip, or my most recent favorite, oatmeal raisin. The sweetness, the spices, they smell like Christmas all year long. The combination of textures is delightful. It is chewy, even in its raw form, interspersed with silky dough and soft raisins.

Yes, cookie dough.... Eat it by the spoonful, mix it into ice cream. I often wonder if it could be breaded in graham cracker crumbs and deep fried....Perhaps that's an avenue to explore. (I tried frying the dough alone in a pan....let's just say it didn't work so well, ha.)

By the way, I would like to say that I in no way advise anyone to eat raw cookie dough as it contains raw eggs. However, I sometimes indulge in that risk for my own, purely selfish pleasure. I think we all need to have those  once in a while. Don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment